What is Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART)? Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) is a type of therapy that incorporates principles from several forms of psychotherapy, including rapid eye movement and in vivo exposure, to provide relief from trauma and other psychological stressors that cause distress. ART helps people change the feelings associated with traumatic memories, but not the facts. At the end of treatment, individuals may recall the details of the trauma but no longer experience strong negative physical and emotional reactions.
Is ART the same as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)? No, these treatments are different although they share some similarities. ART and EMDR are both evidence-based treatments that use rapid eye movements to facilitate recovery of traumatic events. This article discusses some of their differences: Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART): Quick Fix for PTSD?
This is how ART works: https://acceleratedresolutiont...
Where can I learn more about ART? More information about ART can be found on their official website and from the resources below. Videos:
- The ART of Rapid Recovery | Laney Rosenzweig | TEDxSpringfield
- PBS WEDU Quest: Accelerated Resolution Therapy
- ART International Training and Research
Clinical Studies & Reports:
- Accelerated resolution therapy: Randomized controlled trial of a complicated grief intervention (Buck et al., 2020)
- Clinical, empirical, and theoretical rationale for selection of accelerated resolution therapy for treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder in VA and DoD facilities. (Kip & Diamond, 2018)
- Accelerated resolution therapy: an innovative mental health intervention to treat post-traumatic stress disorder (Finnegan et al., 2015)
- Brief treatment of co-occurring post-traumatic stress and depressive symptoms by use of accelerated resolution therapy. (Kip et al., 2013)
- Accelerated resolution therapy for PTSD (Waits, 2018)
ENGLISH SPEAKING CLIENTS:
ADULT INTRO TO ART: adult-intro-to-art.pdf
CHILD INTRO TO ART: child-intro-to-art.pdf
FOR CLIENTS TO PREPARE FOR ART SESSION: https://www.bilateralstimulati...
EN SU IDIOMA:
INTRODUCCION PARA ADULTOS: art-spanish-explicacion-adultos.pdf
PARA PREPARARSE ANTES DE SU SESION DE A.R.T.: https://www.bilateralstimulati...